How to Carve a Pumpkin Like Pro – With just a few days to go for Halloween, everyone has started thinking of which character to carve or how to make their pumpkin unique from everyone else. But today, here, we will not be discussing ideas but we will start off with the basics – How to carve a pumpkin like a pro.
Pumpkin carving is easy if done with basic stencils or templates. But one can choose the difficult ones which are really tricky and artistic to carve. Today, in this article, we will try to help you with how to carve a pumpkin. With this guide, a newbie can also try various pumpkin carvings for Halloween 2022.
How to Carve a Pumpkin Like Pro
- Firstly, take a Pumpkin. Then use either a pencil or pen to mark where you are going to slice the top of the Pumpkin off. Then hold the pumpkin with one hand and using a sharp knife, carefully slice the top of the pumpkin. Then using a similar sharp knife, cut a circle around the top so we can hollow out the pumpkin.
- Now use a spoon to remove the top of the Pumpkin to reveal all the seeds. Again, use a spoon, use it to scrape everything out from the inside. Once done with scraping, use your hands to finish hallowing. With hands, it’s easier than using any tool or spoon.
- When you are done with hallowing the pumpkin, you might find that the flesh is still quite thick. If it’s too thick, you might have to scrape and thin it out on the side you will be carving out the face. Use a spoon to scrape it and make it thinner.
- Now on the face side, using either pen or pencil mark where the eyes, mouth and nose would be. Remember to add some details like teeth and other scary things.
- Then using a sharp knife, begin carving out the shapes. Note that holding the pumpkin securely with your other hand is very important while carving out the details.
- While carving out, it is easiest done using a rocking motion. While doing it, keep your fingers well out of the way to avoid any injury. Alternatively, using up and down motion is also recommended wherever the rocking motion isn’t possible.
- Now, once done with carving, push out all the pieces of flesh and wipe off any pen or pencil marks that remain on the pumpkin.
- Once you are happy with your carved pumpkin, take a tea light, light the candle and then place it inside. Put the lid on and there you have it, that’s how easy it is to carve your own pumpkin like a pro.
Try different versions of Pumpkin carving ideas and make this Halloween most enjoyable, fun and memorable.
We hope you liked the article – How to carve a pumpkin like a pro. Stay tuned to our blog for more pumpkin carving-related articles. Also share these articles with your friends, family and all people who are looking for a perfect guide.